Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Post nr, 7. Vacation in Soulless

It's snowing again over here in Norway. The weather is quiet Icelandic today. One minute it is sunny, the next it is snowing. Aaaah, what ya gonna do? I need a vacation. 

Can you vacation in a book world? If so, which world would you choose?

Yes, please. I know we can visit Hobbiton and the Wizard world but I mean actually dive into the world within your favorite books?

                I think I would love to visit my girl Alexia Tarabotti, in Steampunky 19th century London.



As a soulless person, she can neutralize any supernatural foe but, of course, admitting to such a thing would be crass and unladylike. I would love a jaunt through Hyde Park along with Alexia and Ivy Hisselpenny, even if she does wear hideous hats.
Most of all I would like to dine on the fanciful food, treacle tart, sandwiches and tea, yes, please!

               Of course, come to think of it, I believe Alexia wouldn‘t actually be too keen on showing me, a touristy Icelander (barbarian) from our time around. Nope, I think she‘d be most put upon. Or at least, until she realized she might get a whole lot of information about my time and the way  we do things. Her intellect and blunt approach to gathering knowledge are one of the things attracting me to it. Well, her and Lord Maccon, yum!
                
                But most of all, I would love to meet Lord Akeldama, the most fantastic vampire I believe I‘ve ever come across in all my years of reading. He, his dandies and his abode are simply too wonderful to forget or ignore.

                It would be fun and pleasant, even a bit hard to follow the social etiquette but I‘d love to try. Also, I wouldn‘t mind skipping the more dangerous business Alexia seems to get herself into all the time but if it can‘t be helped, then I shall like to bring my own parasol.

So, please, please, please!!! Can I go? Can I? 


Please, feel free to tell me where you'd like to vacation, in a book as it were. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment